- lots of butter for cooking
- 1/2 tomato, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp pesto from Joe's Kitchen
- sliced cheddar cheese (or mozzarella would be great, too)
- Ciabatta bread, sliced down the center so that the crusts remain on the outside (this will hold up better for grilling than if you cut a slice where the crust is only around the edge)
- In a cast iron skillet on medium heat, melt 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter
- Spread pesto on each slice of bread. Place one slice into the pan, and layer tomato and cheese slices. Top with the second piece of bread.
- To press sandwich, place a heavy plate or pan on top. Allow the sandwich to cook and the bottom slice of bread to become crisp.
- Flip the sandwich - adding more butter to the pan in between if needed.
- Serve warm!