One of the things we talk to our members most about is cooking and meal prep:
"Keep the recipes coming!"
"What do I do with this cabbage?"
"I have learned so many new ways to cook this season..."
You are some of the most resourceful, creative home cooks we know! So, we went straight to the source, and asked members what advice your would give to have the best experience with the Food Hub. Below are the most popular ideas:
Top 10 Tips from Food Hub Members
1. Be adventurous and get creative! Get ready to try new foods and flavors
2. Try the newsletter recipes and collect more from your favorite cookbooks/blogs
3. Cook the first night you bring home your basket to get a jump on the week
4. Keep a list of what's in your fridge - on your fridge - to be reminded in a glance
5. Swap or share ingredients with friends (this is a good way to make friends!)
6. Freeze food on its own, or in a meal like soup or enchiladas, to save for later
7. Talk to Food Hub staff if you're going to be away or if you need to swap an item
8. Take time to make a meal plan for the week
9. Cook with friends or family to enjoy your time and share the tasks
10. Just go for it!
Thank you so much to everyone who shared advice! Do you have have any tips to share? E-mail us and we'll add your notes to the collection.