From your basket:
· 1 cup braising greens
· ¼ white onion, sliced, kept in rings
· 2 carrots, cut into “fries”
· ¼ cup yogurt
· 2 tbsp maple
· 2 tbsp Ploughgate Creamery Butter
From the pantry:
· Salt & Pepper
· ½ cup rice
· 1 lemon
1. Chop and prepare your veggies.
2. Prepare rice according to package directions.
3. While rice is cooking, heat butter in a nonstick pan. Add carrots and begin to sauté.
4. Add salt and pepper and continue to cook 5-7 minutes.
5. Just when carrots seem about done, still slightly firm to the poke of a fork, add the maple.
6. Cook another 2-3 minutes, finishing with a bit more salt.
7. Remove from pan.
8. Add your onion back into the pan, let cook 1-2 minutes.
9. Add greens in and continue to cook 5-6 minutes or until soft.
10. While the greens are cooking prepare your yogurt dressing. Combine yogurt, salt, pepper, and the juice of half a lemon into a small bowl.
11. Place rice, carrots, greens, and onions into a bowl. Add your yogurt dressing to taste. Serve with a lemon wedge for some added brightness!