Veggie or Meat Stromboli
Recipe Level: Creative | Recipe Speed: Average | Season: All | Type: Meal | Diet: O or Veg
With a slab of frozen pizza dough, you can make this Italian-American specialty in just a few minutes! Top the dough with a little bit of sauce and some cheese, and layer on any meat or veggies you desire. Roll it up like a jelly roll, bake, and voila!
Here are some topping ideas:
- roasted zucchini and eggplant, wilted spinach, mozzarella, basil
- salami, prosciutto, arugula, mozzarella
- fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, basil
- wilted chard, sautéed onions, cheddar cheese
- anything you can dream up!
- Preheat oven to 375
- Prepare the pizza dough as instructed on the package
- Brush the dough with olive oil
- Top with sauce and cheese
- Layer on your toppings
- Roll up your stromboli, dampen the final edge, and stick the edge onto the roll to seal.
- Bake until the fillings are oozing and the dough is slightly browned