In Our Baskets This Week
Vermont Vegetable Package
- Asparagus* | Deep Root/Vallons Maraichers
- European Cucumber* | Deep Root/L'Abri Vegetal
- Strawberries* | Last Resort Farm
- Lettuce* | Pitchfork Farm
- Arugula* (starter & variety shares only) | Pitchfork Farm
- Dill* (starter & variety shares only) | Diggers' Mirth Collective Farm
- Swiss Chard* (value & variety shares only) | Miskell's Premium Organics
The Omnivore Package includes the Vermont Vegetable Package above, plus...
- Wild Alaskan Smoked Salmon | Starbird Fish
- Chevre* | Does' Leap Farm
- Yogurt, whole, plain* | Butterworks Farm
The Localvore Package includes the Omnivore Package above, plus...
- Mad River Grain Bread* | Red Hen Baking Company
- Pasture Raised Eggs | Besteyfield Farm
Bread: Polenta Bread*
Red Hen Baking Co.
Pasture Raised Eggs
Cooking & Storage Tips
- Eat those delicious berries first! And if you have a few that get a little soft before you get to 'em, make sure to check our our recipe for simple syrup. After that, use up the arugula...the tender leaves bruise easily.
- Next, go for the asparagus, head lettuce, and dill. Not gonna use all of the dill? You can hang the bunch upside-down to dry it, make a dill infused vinegar, or even a cucumber and dill infused vodka!
- The chard and European cucumbers have the longest shelf life of the produce items.
- We don't have any new recipes for asparagus this week, but you can search our archive for all of our previous asparagus recipes!
- Check out our "Tender Profiles" to find more cooking and storage tips!
Have cooking ideas you want to share? Looking for recipe suggestions? Email Suzanne at email@example.com
The dishes below were created by Suzanne, our Cooking Education Coordinator. Each week, we aim to provide you with recipes that will get you excited to use the items in your basket. We welcome your feedback and suggestions!
With our new summer season, we're adding some delicious extra content to our weekly newsletter, and our blog. For one thing, we'll be creating "Tender Profiles" for the fruits and veggies we're sending you in your weekly baskets. "What's 'Tender'?" you may ask... it's like a dating profile for produce! We'll give you each product's vital statistics, other foods that go well with it, and some storage and cooking tips.
Weekly Shopping List
If you make all of the recipes that we recommend this week, you'll need these items. You may already have some of them in your cupboard and your fridge. They're organized roughly as you'd find them in a store. Quantities are rounded, when it's more sensible to do so. Some ingredients are used "to taste," so a quantity may not be listed.