Intervale Food Hub now offers home delivery to all Burlington, VT residents! We are so excited to bring the best fresh, seasonal Vermont food right to your front door. Read on to learn more about how home delivery works and how to get started.
Home Delivery Routes
HOME DELIVERY - South End
(South of Maple Street)
Tuesdays between approx. 4 - 7 pm
HOME DELIVERY - New North End
(North of Burlington High School)
Thursdays between approx. 4 - 7 pm
HOME DELIVERY - ONE & Central City
(Including Maple Street & above)
Wednesdays between approx. 4 - 7 pm
- Your Home Delivery order will include a $25 sign-up deposit. Returning members will receive a discount code to cover the cost of this deposit. The deposit is waived for members paying with EBT. We don't want this fee to be a barrier for anyone - please contact us with questions.
- We provide you with reusable packaging, including a sturdy plastic bin, reusable cooler bags, and ice packs, to keep your food fresh & secure. Your bin will be delivered the first week of your subscription -- please store your bin in the same easily accessible location each week on your delivery day. Ideally, the bin will be located on the ground floor, visible to the driver, and located in a semi-sheltered location to protect the tote.
- Please let us know if you live behind a keyed entry door, or up stairwells or elevators, such as an apartment building or a multi-family home.
- Most importantly, if you are not 100% happy with your order, or if we forgot something, please feel free to call or email us to let us know. As the Intervale Food Hub grows, we want to make sure that you have the best experience possible, but sometimes we make mistakes. We're always happy to make a replacement or credit your account when needed.
Weekly Delivery Routine
Your weekly delivery will take place between 4 - 7 pm on your delivery day. There will be some fluctuations in the schedule, but you can count on a consistent delivery window each week.
You do not need to be home to receive your delivery, but we assume that you will be able to collect your food and store it inside your residence ASAP. We guarantee your food for 3 hours after delivery. We do not recommend leaving your food for longer than 3 hours, or out overnight (especially in extreme temperatures).
- Going on vacation or going out of town? Contact us before you go away to schedule an alternate pick up! We are happy to make schedule changes as needed. You can pick up your food earlier or later in the week, you can double up your following delivery, or you can get a credit.
- Although very uncommon, our delivery driver reserves the right to not deliver if your tote is not in its normal place, or if it is not accessible due to snow or ice build up, debris, dirt, damages, etc. If this does happen, we will bring your food back to the Intervale Food Hub, and we will contact you to schedule an alternate pick up to make sure you receive your full subscription value.
- Your food will be delivered weekly in silver cooler bags, which we place inside the green bin.
- Please leave empty insulated bags and ice packs in your bin for our delivery driver to pick up the following week. We reuse these to minimize waste and keep costs down!
- At the end of the season if you do not continue your membership, or in the event of cancellation, we will pick up your bin, cooler bags, and ice packs.
- Damaged or lost packaging: If your plastic bin is lost or damaged at any time during your membership, you will be billed an additional $25 for a replacement bin. In the event that you damage or do not return a significant amount of your silver insulated bags or ice packs, we may charge your for their replacement. Large bags are $5 each to replace, small bags are $2 each to replace, and ice packs are $1 to replace.
- Payment Plans: You can choose to pay in full or set up monthly installments when you order online.
- We accept credit/debit cards, electronic checks, and regular checks
- We accept EBT/3Squares payments at the Intervale Center office.
- Contact us for questions about payment in cash, or to set up alternative payment schedules.