Recipe by Framed Cooks
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into ½ inch dice
- 1 large onion, cut into ½ inch dice
- ½ stick butter
- 4 links andouille sausage, cut into ½ inch dice
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Four eggs, poached or soft boiled and peeled
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in potatoes and onions and saute for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sausage, black and cayenne peppers and saute another 5-10 minutes until potatoes are brown. Season to taste with more salt and pepper as needed.
- Divide among four dishes and top each with a poached or soft boiled egg. Break the egg so the yolk spills into the hash. Breathe deeply and dig in.