Recipe courtesy of Joy the Baker
3 Russet potatoes
Coarse sea salt (I used bout 1/3 cup)
3 small broccoli bulbs, cut into small chunks
2 tablespoons olive oil
Fresh ground black pepper
1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
Butter and sour cream for serving
- Place racks in the center and upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place sea salt to cover the bottom of a shallow rimmed baking pan or cast iron skillet. Set aside.
- Scrub potatoes and puncture each potato all over with the tines of a fork. While potatoes are still damp, roll and top the potatoes in sea salt to coat. Arrange the potatoes on top of the sea salt on the baking pan.
- Place broccoli pieces on a rimmed baking sheet or cast iron skillet. Toss with olive oil and black pepper. Place on the upper oven rack and allow to roast for 20 minutes, until cooked through and browned slightly.
- Also place potatoes on the lower rack of the oven and bake until tender throughout. Depending on the size of your potato they may bake from between 35 minutes to 1 hour. Test the potato for doneness by inserting thin knife through the skin. If it meets a lot of resistance, return the potatoes to the oven to bake more. Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow to cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes cool, top broccoli with cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is melted.
- To serve the potatoes, slice into the potato lengthwise and horizontally, open the potato by squeezing the ends of the potato. Add butter. Top with roasted broccoli and cheese. Top with sour cream. Serve immediately.