Recipe by Three Beans on One String
- 1 sheet of frozen Pepperidge Farm puff pastry, defrosted
- 4 Asian pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon turbinado sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Oil a baking sheet and set it aside.
- On a lightly-floured work surface, lay out the puff pastry and cut a square about 10 inches by 10 inches. Place the pastry on the oiled baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, use a fork whisk together the olive oil, 1 Tablespoon of the sugar, ginger, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Brush half of the olive oil mixture top of the puff pastry.
- Fold the edges of the pastry in on themselves to create a border.
- Layer the Asian pear slices on top of the puff pastry in three rows.
- Brush the top of the Asian pears with the other half of the olive oil mixture, and sprinkle with the rest of the turbinado sugar. Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.