Recipe by Yummy Beet
- 1 small butternut squash (2 lbs), peeled, seeded, and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 bosc pear, cored and thinly sliced into strips **OR use the weeks Asian Pears
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lb green beans, chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 5 oz/142 g (6 to 8 cups) arugula
- 1 cup cubed sheep's or goat's milk feta cheese
- ¼ cup hulled sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons roasted hazelnut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon whole dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
Make the Salad: Preheat oven to 400ºF. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss squash and pear with oil and salt. Roast for 25 minutes. Add green beans, stir to incorporate, and roast for an additional 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before adding roasted vegetables to a large salad bowl along with arugula, feta, and seeds.
Make the Dressing: In a small jar to shake, or bowl to whisk, combine all dressing ingredients.
To Serve: Add dressing to prepared salad and toss until fully combined. Serve immediately.