Recipe by Love In the Oven
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped, mixed with 1 T granulated sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon
For the Glaze..
- 1 cup of powdered sugar + 1-3 tablespoons of milk or cream, mixed together to a drizzling consistency
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together the white sugar and butter. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Gradually stir in the flour and baking powder. Mix milk into batter until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan; add half the apples and half the brown sugar mixture.
- Pour the remaining batter over apple layer; top with remaining apples and brown sugar mixture.
- Swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using a knife.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before drizzling with glaze.
Source - http://lovintheoven.com/apple-fritter-bread/