Recipe by Oh My Veggies
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch lacinato kale (about 9 to 10 ounces), stems removed and leaves torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- Salt and red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/4 cup raw walnut halves, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 2 to 3 quart baking dish with olive oil spray and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet set over medium heat. When hot, add in the onion and cook until tender and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add in the kale and vegetable broth. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 6 to 8 minutes, until the kale has wilted down and the broth has evaporated. Remove from the heat.
- Add the vegetable mixture to a large bowl, along with the quinoa, lemon zest, cannellini beans, Greek yogurt and 1 cup of the cheddar. Mix until well combined. Season with salt and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese and the walnuts.
- Bake for about 10 to 13 minutes, until heated through and the cheese is melted.
Source - http://ohmyveggies.com/cheesy-kale-quinoa-casserole/