Recipe By Clean Eats Fast Feets
- 1 Quiche Crust (http://www.food.com/recipe/quick-n-easy-quiche-crust-18185) or premade, but this is the easiest crust recipe ever, so you should just make it. I promise; you can’t mess this up.
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1/3 to 1/2 a cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bunches of broccoli, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 3/4 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 Jumbo Eggs or 4 Large Eggs
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used plain Almond Milk or Soy Milk)
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Make quiche crust (or use premade). This crust can be prepared ahead of time. It’s four simple ingredients (flour, salt, olive oil and water) mixed together and then pressed into your 9.5 inch pie plate. Yes, you read that correctly. No rolling pins involved just your nimble little fingers, and don’t worry if you leave imprints. It will be covered with filling and no one will be the wiser. I highly recommend you wash your hands before embarking on this project though. Make the crust and set it aside or prick it all over with a fork and then pop it into the oven for 5 minutes. I do the later because I like my crust to be a bit more crispy.
- In medium saucepan, add 2 Tbsp. olive oil over and warm up on medium to medium high heat. Once warmed, add diced onions and cook until just starting to turn translucent, about 6 minutes. Add minced garlic and let cook for one minute longer. Add diced broccoli, a simple twist of salt and a sprinkle of pepper and cook until bright green about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest.
- While the above is resting, whisk together eggs, milk and spices: 3/4 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, garlic powder, dry mustard, paprika, and 1/4 tsp. nutmeg and red pepper flakes in a small bowl or directly in your measuring cup if you like to save on dirty dishes.
- Add the sautéed broccoli, onions, and garlic to the prepared quiche crust. Top with 3/4 a cup of sharp cheddar cheese. I always buy a block of cheese and shred it myself because I think it makes a difference, but then again, I’m a cheese snob.
- Pour egg and milk mixture over top. It’s perfectly ok if the liquid mixture doesn’t complete cover the broccoli. In fact, the broccoli poking out the top will get nice and crispy and might just be your favorite part.
- Put in 350 degree oven and bake until top just starts to turn golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy.