Recipe By Skinny Taste
- 16 oz (1/2 small) butternut squash, halved, seeds removed
- 16 oz (1/2) buttercup or kobacha squash, halved, seeds removed but not peeled
- 2 large shallot, quartered
- 2 cup chicken or vegetable broth (or 1-1/2 tbsp Better Bouillon w/water)
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- pinch nutmeg
- optional garnish: drizzle coconut milk, chives, pepitas
- Place the squash, shallots and broth in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high 4 hours, until soft and cooked through, a knife should easily be inserted.
- Remove squash from skin and discard the peel.
- Stir in coconut milk and nutmeg.
- Blend in a blender or using an immersion blender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with more coconut milk and chives, if desired.