Recipe By I Heart Eating
- 3 c . rolled oats divided
- 1 tsp . baking powder
- 2 tsp . ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp . ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp . ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp . salt
- 1/3 c . coconut oil
- 1 c . brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp . vanilla extract
- 2 c . grated carrot
- 1 c . shredded coconut
- 1/2 c . chopped pecans optional
- 2 oz . cream cheese
- 1 c . powdered sugar
- 2-3 T . milk
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Grind two cups of oats into flour (a blender or food processor should do this).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oat flour, remaining 1 cup oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
- With an electric mixer (either hand or stand), beat together the coconut oil and sugar until combined.
- Beat in the eggs and the vanilla until combined.
- Stir in the flour mixture just until combined.
- Stir in the carrots, coconut, and nuts, if using.
- Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Using a 1 ½ tablespoon cookie scoop, drop about batter about 2-inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Gently flatten slightly, if desired.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cookie is set and very lightly browned at the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the sheets for at least 5 minutes.
- Transfer to wire cooling rack to cool to room temperature before icing.
- To make icing, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 2 tablespoons milk until well-combined.
- Add additional milk as needed to get to desired consistency.
- Drizzle icing over cooled cookies.
- Cover, and store leftover cookies in the fridge.