Published by relishments.com on July 2014
5 Swiss chard leaves
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Required equipment: oven-safe skillet
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the chard leaves by running a knife down the center along each side of the stem. Put the leaves in one pile and the stems in another. Chop all the stems into 1/2 inch slices, keep separate. Roughly chop the leaves, keep them separate.
- In a 10-inch oven-safe skillet, warm a tablespoon of oil on medium, then add the chopped stems and cook until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a medium sized eggs and beat them with a fork. Stir in the cheese.
- To the skillet, add the chopped chard leaves. Cook until they are wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg/cheese mixture to the pan. Move around the ingredients so that everything is evenly distributed.
- Move the pan to the oven. Cook the frittata for 15 minutes. When the frittata is cooked through, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.