Published by dangthatsdelicious.com on September 2014
Asian Pear Crisp is an easy dessert to make. The pears are baked under a crunchy streusel topping with oats. Served warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
4 medium Asian pears (or 5 small), seeds removed & cut in small slices
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups old fashion whole grain oats
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut in small pieces
2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees with the rack positioned in the middle.
2. In a 8x13 casserole dish, add the sliced pears, lemon juice, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Mix until ingredients are combined.
3. In a large bowl, add all the topping ingredients together and mix until ingredients are combined and form small lumps.
4. Pour the topping mixture over the pears and spread the mixture evenly.
5. Place the casserole in the center of the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
* If you don't like the pears with skin on, you can use a paring knife or vegetable peeler to peel off the skin.
* You can substitute different types of pears or apples.