Published by naturallyella.com on August 2015
*Omnivores: Use the Basil Pesto in this week's basket!
- 1/4 cup raw pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (see note)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Everything Else:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups fingerling potatoes, 1/4" slices (see note)
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1-2 eggs
- parmesan cheese for garnish
- In a dry skillet, lightly toast pine nuts. Set aside and let cool slightly. In a food processor, pulse garlic. Add in basil, toasted pine nuts, parmesan cheese, olive oil, and lemon juice. Pulse until combined, adding more olive oil/lemon juice as needed.
- In a sauce pan, bring water to a boil with a pinch of salt. Add sliced potatoes and cook until just tender but not overly soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In an 8" or 10" skillet with a lid, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in onion and cook until softened, 3-4 minutes. Stir in sliced potatoes, reduce heat to medium low, and cook until browning, 6 to 8 minutes. Add in 1-4 -1/3 cup pesto, stirring until potatoes are covered.
- Make well in the middle of cooked potatoes and crack desired amount of eggs, cover, and let cook until egg whites are set. Remove from heat, sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese, and serve.
Notes: I love fingerling potatoes but sometimes they aren't available or are a bit more expensive. I'll occasionally use yukon gold potatoes, cut into similar half-moon sizes.