Published by Ree in thepioneerwoman.com on February 2014
- 8 slices Good French Bread
- Butter, For Toasting Bread
- 6 slices Thin Bacon, Cut Into Bits
- 2 whole Leeks, Sliced Thin And Washed If Needed
- 4 ounces, weight Goat Cheese/chevre, Softened
- In a skillet, melt butter and toast the bread slices on both sides until golden and slightly crisp. Remove from the skillet and set aside to cool slightly.
- Fry the bacon bits until crisp, then remove to a paper towel-lined plate. Pour off the excess grease, then blot the skillet clean. Add the leeks to the skillet and cook over medium-high heat for several minutes, until golden.
- Smear each piece of bread with goat cheese, then top with leeks and bacon and serve!