Published by Lindsay Funston in delish.com on September 2015
The only breakfast you do to eat all fall. Stuffed with oatmeal, cinnamon, and maple syrup, these baked apples are a good-for-you start to the day.
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 large baking apples
- 2 tbsp. dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp. chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium saucepan, combine oatmeal and 3 cups water and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until creamy. Stir in maple syrup and ground cinnamon and let cool slightly.
- Transfer apples to a glass baking dish and spoon in oatmeal. Bake until apples are soft and bubbly, 35 minutes.
- Top oatmeal with dried cranberries and chopped pecans and serve.