Published by loveandoliveoil.com on November 2013
Yield: 3 appetizer-sized servings
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup jam (I used plum, but use any flavor you like)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce, more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; grease with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Toss chicken wings with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper. Transfer to baking sheet and spread out in a single layer. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, flipping once half-way through cooking, until wings are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, to prepare glaze, heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add jam, rice vinegar, sriracha, and salt and pepper and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until reduced and slightly thickened.
- In a bowl, toss chicken wings with glaze until evenly coated. Return to baking sheet, arranging in a single layer, and bake for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm.