Published by Calley Hastings in blog.fattoadfarm.com on January 2016
Makes four, 8oz ramekins
For the Caramel:
- 4-oz (half jar) of your favorite flavor of Fat Toad Farm’s Goat’s Milk Caramel Sauce (we used Salted Bourbon for an extra pinch of savory flavor)
For the Cakes:
- 2/3 cup (100 g.) bittersweet chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 1/4 cup (55 g.) unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp. (30 g.) all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup (65 g.) granulated sugar
For the ramekins:
- 2 tbsp. softened butter and 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, to accompany
- Butter four, 8-oz ramekins and dust with the cocoa powder, shaking out any excess. In a small saucepan, heat the chocolate and butter together on low, stirring until just melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the flour and salt until smooth.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and beat using an electric whisk whilst gradually adding the sugar until pale. Pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and gently fold together using a rubber spatula. Divide the mixture between the ramekins and chill for at least 30 minutes (or up to 5 hours, if making in advance).
- Ten minutes before you’re ready to bake the cakes, preheat your oven to 350 F. Spoon a heaped teaspoon of the cooled goat’s milk caramel into the center of each ramekin and push it down gently into the cake mixture. Place the ramekins onto a small baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes. Loosen the edges of the cakes with a knife and turn out onto individual plates, or enjoy straight from the dish! Serve immediately with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and enjoy.