Think beets are high maintenance? Think again. Peeled and diced, they tenderize in 10 minutes. Poached eggs also work here -- simply spoon over the hash.
- 1 pound beets, peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 large eggs
- In a high-sided skillet, cover beets and potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Season with salt and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain and wipe out skillet.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add boiled beets and potatoes and cook until potatoes begin to turn golden, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, add onion, and cook, stirring, until tender, about 4 minutes. Adjust seasoning and stir in parsley.
- Make four wide wells in the hash. Crack one egg into each and season egg with salt. Cook until whites set but yolks are still runny, 5 to 6 minutes.