Recipe and photo by skinnyms.com
- 4 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 1 medium (about 1 pound) bunch curly kale, ribs removed and cut into 1-1/2 inch (bite-sized) pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Optional for topping: 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or walnut pieces, crumbled feta or chevre goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Poke each sweet potato with fork tines several times on the top.
- Bake directly on oven rack or on a baking sheet for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the kale:
- In a medium bowl, toss the chopped kale in olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place in an even layer on parchment-lined baking sheet
- Bake in 400 degree oven for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until crispy, turning chips halfway through and rotating pan for even cooking. May have to make in two batches or use two baking sheets to fit all of the kale.
- To assemble: Make a slit in the top of each of the baked sweet potatoes. Stuff each with crispy kale, and top with cheese and walnut pieces.