Published by lalaloula in food.com
- 6 medium carrots
- 1 1⁄4kg potatoes
- 2 white onions
- 2 red onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄4liters vegetable broth (more if you like your soup less creamy)
- 2 1⁄2-3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- salt and pepper
- Peel and chop carrots and potatoes into small chunks. Slice the onions, mince the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy pot (I use cast-iron). Add the garlic, the curry powder, caraway seeds and the onions and saute for some minutes until lightly browned. Add the potatoes and carrots and saute on medium heat for another 10 minutes.
- Add the broth, cover and let simmer for about 35-40 minutes or until all veggies are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Puree soup using a hand held blender until it has the desired consistency-I like it to be still chunky (add more broth if needed).
- Serve with some warm bread of your choice.