Published by Meseidy in thenoshery.com on July, 2014
- 1 cup fine salt
- 3 lbs fingerling potatoes
- 3 qts water
- 1½ cups olive oil mayonnaise
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon minced dill
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 whole lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Bring water to a boil in a large stockpot or soup pot over high heat. When the water begins to boil stir in the salt. Carefully add potatoes be careful not to splash yourself. Bring the potatoes back to a boil, lower to simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender but still firm, about 15 - 20 minutes. Be careful not to over cook the potatoes or they will fall apart during serving.
- Fill a large bowl with ice water. Drain the potatoes into a colander, transfer to ice water to shock and stop the cooking process. Once potatoes have cooled drain and let air dry.
- While the potatoes are boiling prepare the aioli. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, whisk together until well combined. Refrigerate to allow the flavors to meld.
- When the potatoes have dried cut them in half lengthwise. Serve potatoes with aioli, garnish with dill.