Published by Joy in joylovefood.com on October, 2014
- 2 lbs London Broil or boneless beef top round steak
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 ½ lbs waxy potatoes such as Red Bliss or Yukon gold, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (14 oz) package frozen petite whole onions, thawed
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into ¾ inch pieces
- 6 oz baby bella mushrooms, halved or quartered depending on size
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 (16 oz) package frozen green beans, thawed and cut into 1-inch long pieces
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Trim excess fat from beef and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, combine the cubes of beef, flour, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Add the potatoes, onions, carrots, mushrooms and thyme to the slow cooker.
- Pour the wine over the mixture in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the green beans, cover and cook on low for an additional 20-30 minutes or until beans are heated through.
- Serve and top with chopped bacon and fresh parsley if desired.