Published by Ree in thepioneerwoman.com on February, 2011
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 16 ounces, weight White Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1/3 cup Sherry Or Wine
- 3 Tablespoons (additional) Sherry Or Wine
- Kosher Salt And Pepper To Taste
- 1 bag Baby Spinach
- 12 whole Flour Tortillas (Soft Taco Size)
- 8 ounces, weight Fontina (or Monterey Jack) Cheese, Grated
- 3 ounces, weight Goat Cheese (chevre)
- Extra Butter, For Tortillas
- Salsa, For Serving
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet and add sliced mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then saute over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, then pour in sherry. Add salt and pepper. Continue cooking for 6 to 8 minutes, or until all liquid is evaporated. Remove mushrooms from skillet and set aside.
- Return skillet to stovetop and reduce heat to medium-low. Melt additional 1 tablespoons of butter and add a couple of tablespooons of sherry. Add spinach to skillet and stir gently as it wilts. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then cook for 2 minutes, max. Remove from skillet.
- To assemble the quesadillas, arrange grated Fontina, spinach, and mushrooms on top of one flour tortilla. Dot with goat cheese. Top with a little more Fontina, then top with second tortilla. Smear softened butter lightly on both sides of the quesadilla, then grill until golden brown and until cheese is totally melted. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Slice quesadillas into four wedges and serve immediately.