Published in wholefoodsmarket.com
To parboil the potatoes, put them into a small pot, cover with 2 inches of salted water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are just tender, but not completely cooked through since you'll finish them on the grill.
- 3/4 pound small new potatoes, cut in half
- 2 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, quartered
- 1/3 cup of your favorite salad dressing
If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 2 hours prior to using to reduce charring. Parboil potatoes until done but still firm. Thread vegetables alternately on skewers. Brush generously with salad dressing. Grill for 3 minutes; turn vegetables over, brushing with extra salad dressing. Grill for another 3 to 4 minutes until done.