Published in thestayathomechef.com on March, 2015
1 dozen hard-boiled eggs, peeled
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon honey mustard
4 strips candied bacon, diced small
2 handfuls small cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 handful basil leaves, chopped
Chili powder to dust
1. Slice each egg in half lengthwise and remove the yolk. Put all the yolks in a small mixing bowl and all the whites on a platter.
2. Add mayo and honey mustard to the yolks and mix until well combined and sort of fluffy.
3. Fold in the diced bacon, tomatoes, and basil (reserving a little of the basil for a garnish)
4. Spoon filling into the centers of the whites. Garnish with basil and dust with chili powder.
How to make the perfect hard-boiled egg:
1. Use “old” eggs that have been in your refrigerator for a week. They will be easier to peel.
2. Place eggs in a pan and fill with cold water. The water should cover the eggs by about an inch.
3. Place on the stove over high heat and bring the water to a boil.
4. Once the water is boiling, cover it with a lid, turn off the heat and set a timer for 10 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes, use tongs carefully remove the eggs from the water and transfer them to a bowl filled with ice and water.
6. Let cool for 15 minutes and refrigerate until ready to use.