Published in marthastewart.com on April, 2012
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and peeled
- 1 small celery stalk, chopped
- Pinch of red-pepper flakes
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, trimmed and cut into 1-inch-wide strips (about 10 cups)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, celery, and red-pepper flakes; saute until celery is softened and golden, about 5 minutes.
Add lettuce, pressing it down to fit. Season with salt and pepper. Cover; cook, tossing occasionally, until lettuce is completely wilted and liquid has evaporated, 10 to 12 minutes.