- 6 whole sweet onions
- 6 beef bouillon cubes
- 6 ice cubes (optional)
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 12x12-inch squares aluminum foil
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- Peel brown outer layers from an onion. Using a sharp knife, cut a cone-shaped core from the top of the onion, about 2/3 of the way into the vegetable. The core should be about 1 1/2 inches wide at the top. Insert a bouillon cube into the hollowed-out space, followed by an ice cube (for more moisture, if desired). Top the ice cube with 1 tablespoon of butter. Wrap the filled onion in a sheet of aluminum foil, leaving a small vent at the top. Repeat with the rest of the onions and filling ingredients.
- Set the foil-wrapped onions on the preheated grill vent-sides up, and grill until onions are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
Read more: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/215788/grilled-sweet-onions/