- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano leaves
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 oz. smoked Spanish chorizo, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Sherry or red wine vinegar
- 4 6-oz. pieces skinless cod or halibut fillets
- 2 3/4-inch-thick slices country-style bread, crusts removed
Heat oven to 425°. Pulse bread in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add breadcrumbs. Cook, stirring often, until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to a bowl, add parsley and oregano; toss to combine. Wipe out skillet.
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and chorizo and cook, stirring often, until chorizo is just crisp, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and mix in vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Wipe out skillet.
Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Season cod with salt and pepper and cook until bottom side begins to turn opaque, about 3 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven and roast until fish is cooked through, about 5 minutes longer.
Serve cod topped with chorizo mixture and toasted breadcrumbs.
DO AHEAD: Breadcrumbs can be made 8 hours ahead. Store airtight at room temperature. Toss with herbs just before serving.