- 1 garlic clove, smashed to a paste with a little salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 fennel bulbs, trimmed
- 4 ounces firm white mushrooms, wiped clean
- 6 radishes
- A chunk of Parmesan, for shaving
- Parsley leaves, optional
- Arugula leaves, optional
- Put the garlic in a small bowl. Add the lemon juice and zest, a good pinch of salt and a little freshly ground pepper. Whisk in the olive oil.
- Thinly slice the fennel bulbs, mushrooms and radishes. Put them in a salad bowl and season lightly with salt and pepper. Add about 3/4 of the dressing and toss gently.
- With a vegetable peeler, shave curls of Parmesan over the salad. Garnish with a few arugula and parsley leaves, if you like. Drizzle with the remaining dressing.