- 1lb penne pasta
- 1lb broccoli floret
- 8ounces Italian sausage, cut in bite-size chunks (sweet & mild)
- 2tablespoons garlic, minced (you can use less if you want)
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- Boil the water and cook the penne according to package directions. DO NOT ever add oil to the water! It will make your sauce slide off the pasta later.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil (medium-high heat) in a large skillet and saute the broccoli, sausage and garlic until tender and starting to brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Toss the butter, hot pasta, sausage mixture and romano cheese together and serve. Pass the grated cheese at the table.