- 3/4 pound tomatoes (about 2 medium), seeded and finely diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 small fresh jalapeño or serrano chile, finely chopped, including seeds, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt, or 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Season to taste with additional chile, lime juice, and salt.
- This salsa keeps in the refrigerator for up to one day. Before you serve it, stir it well and drain any excess liquid that has accumulated in the bowl.