- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon diced dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon diced dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon toasted bran
- 1/2 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a mini muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Add the oats, cranberries, apricots, sunflower seeds, orange zest and bran and mix to combine.
- In another bowl combine the yogurt, honey, vanilla, butter and eggs and stir until the ingredients are well blended. Pour the yogurt mixture into the dry ingredients and stir to mix, just until all ingredients are incorporated. Take care not to overmix.
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds of the way with batter. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.