- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds, plus more for serving
- 3 8-ounce skin-on center-cut salmon fillets
- Kosher salt
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 Fresno chile, thinly sliced
- Whisk garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, 1 Tbsp. oil, and ½ tsp. sesame seeds in a small bowl. Season salmon fillets with salt and place in a resealable plastic bag; add half of marinade. Seal bag, pressing out air, and let salmon sit 30 minutes. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Preheat broiler. Toss scallions with remaining 2 tsp. oil on sizzle platter; broil until lightly charred, about 3 minutes. Remove salmon from marinade and set on top of scallions. Spoon some reserved marinade over and broil until salmon is charred around edges, about 6 minutes (watch closely to keep from burning). Spoon more marinade over; top with chile. Broil until salmon is charred and medium-rare at thickest part, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with more sesame seeds.