- 1 pound Persian or English hothouse cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Chili oil (for serving)
- Gently smack cucumbers with a rolling pin or the bottom of a heavy pot until they begin to break apart. Tear into bite-size pieces. Transfer to a colander; toss with 1 tsp. salt. Let sit 10 minutes to drain excess liquid.
- Transfer cucumbers to a medium bowl and toss with scallions, rice vinegar, and sesame seeds. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt. Drizzle with chili oil.