- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup grape tomatoes, halved (about 10 large)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can unsalted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 3 cups)
- 4 ounces burrata cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
2. While pasta cooks, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Arrange tomato halves, cut sides down, in pan; cook 1 1/2 minutes or until seared. Stir tomatoes; cook 30 seconds. Remove tomatoes from pan; set aside.
3. Reduce heat to low. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add red pepper and garlic; cook 2 minutes or until fragrant, stirring occasionally. Place canned tomatoes in a mini chopper or food processor; process until almost smooth. Add pureed tomatoes and salt to oil mixture; cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove skillet from heat. Add spinach and cooked pasta; toss well until spinach wilts slightly. Arrange about 1 1/3 cups pasta mixture in each of 4 shallow bowls. Divide the seared grape tomato halves evenly among the servings. Dollop about 2 tablespoons burrata cheese over each serving, and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.