- Use the chermoula in this week's basket, or make it using:
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped (plus more for garnishing)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, finely chopped
- 1 to 1.25 lbs (roughly 16-20 ounces) center-cut piece of Alaskan King salmon
- kosher sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh lemon wedges or slices, for serving
- Prepare the Chermoula Paste: In a medium bowl, combine the finely chopped cilantro, pressed garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and chopped capers with a fork until a smooth pesto-like paste forms.
- Preheat the oven broiler to high and place the oven rack about 5-6 inches below the flame. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil. Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel on both sides and place skin-side down on the center of the sheet pan. Season the salmon with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Spoon the chermoula paste on top of the salmon and using your spoon or hands, spread it into an even thick layer, so that it is coats the entire surface of the salmon.
- Broil the salmon for 8 to 10 minutes (depending on the thickness of your piece of salmon, this time will vary) or until it flakes easily with a fork (I prefer to cook my salmon, especially when it is of such high quality, so that it is still slightly pink in the very center - medium well - but cook it according to your own preference!).
- Using a sharp knife, slice and serve the salmon. Garnish with chopped cilantro and lemon wedges or slices.