- 1 large zucchini
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- Handful fresh herbs — chives, sage, basil, summery savory, oregano
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin finishing-quality olive oil, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Heat the grill to medium hot. Cut the zucchini in half crosswise and then lengthwise so you have four quarters. Brush the cut sides with olive oil. Grill for about 5 minutes total, depending on the thickness of the zucchini. Flip once so that the outside also gets grill marks. You want the zucchini hot through and juicy, but not too soft.
- (If you don't have a grill, then broil the zucchini cut side up for a couple minutes or until they begin to brown.)
- Cut up the zucchini into bite-sized pieces. Cut the grape tomatoes in half and toss with the zucchini. Mince the herbs finely and toss with the other vegetables. Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and Parmesan. Taste and adjust as necessary.