- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 1/2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 6 -ounce skinless center-cut salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 medium English cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded and chopped
- Jarred pickled ginger, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Mix the honey, 2 teaspoons soy sauce and the cornstarch in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until just simmering, 30 to 40 seconds.
- Rub the fish fillets all over with 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil and season lightly with salt. Place the fish in a baking dish and bake 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush with the honey-soy sauce mixture. Return the fish to the oven and continue baking until just cooked through, 7 to 9 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the rice vinegar, mayonnaise and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon each soy sauce and sesame oil in a large bowl. Add the cucumber, scallions and 1/4 teaspoon salt and toss. Gently fold in the avocado. Serve the salmon with the salad and pickled ginger.