- 1 bunch mustard greens
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 12 to 16 ounces andouille or Cajun-style sausage, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup broth (chicken or vegetable) or water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 to 18 cherry tomatoes, sliced or halved, depending on size, or 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- Wash greens well in 2 to 3 changes of water and cut out the thick stems. Cut in 1-inch wide strips.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sausage and cook, stirring, until lightly browned. Add the Cajun seasoning and pepper, along with chicken broth or water. Add the greens and garlic and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until greens are very tender.
- Stir in the lemon juice and tomatoes and continue cooking for about 5 minutes.