Recipe by Naturally Ella
- 1 small delicata squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 1 cup black beans with liquid
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 4 to 6 tortillas, warmed (see note)
- 1 ounce crumbled goat cheese
- minced cilantro
- minced red onion
- lime juice- for serving
1. Preheat oven to 400˚. Cut the delicata squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and place cut side down. Slice eat half into 1/4" thick half moon slices. Place in a bowl, dizzle with olive oil and toss with adobo seasoning until well coated. Spread out onto a sheet tray covered with parchment paper and roast until tender and browning, 15 to 20 minutes.
2. While the squash is roasting, combine black beans with liquid, lemon juice, and spices in a small pot. Heat over medium-low and let cook until the majority of liquid is gone. Turn off heat and let sit until ready to assemble tacos.
3. Assemble tacos with a spoonful of black beans and top with a few pieces of squash, a bit of crumbled goat cheese, and a sprinkle of cilantro/red onion.
+ Use to warm tortillas in a damp towel in the oven but at this point in time, I place them over a direct flame on my gas stove. It softens the tortilla and creates a nice char. Just make sure to watch them, the tortillas can catch fire pretty easily.