- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 halibut steaks
- salt and pepper, to taste
- To make pesto, combine basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, olive oil and pine nuts in a food processor and mix until smooth. Reserve a ¼ cup for later use.
- Combine white wine and prepared pesto in a sealed bag and carefully shake to mix. Add halibut steaks. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Remove halibut from marinade and place on hot grill, drizzling fish with remaining marinade in bag. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Grill 4-5 minutes per side (fish is done when it's opaque all the way through).
- Brush steaks with reserved ¼ cup of pesto sauce and serve!
Source - http://everydaydishes.com/simple-food-recipes/halibut-pesto-skewer-recipe/