- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ teaspoon apple pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 medium apples, shredded
- 100% pure maple syrup, if desired
- Bring quinoa, almond milk, and applesauce to a boil in medium pot.
- Reduce to simmer and continue to cook for 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in apple pie spice, vanilla and salt.
- Pour into bowls and top with shredded apples and a drizzle of maple syrup if desired.