- Joe's Kitchen Beef Broth
- 3 French shallots, thinly sliced
- 1-inched thick ginger, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tbsps Thai Green Curry Paste
- 2 cups water
- 270g Hakubaku organic dried ramen
- Fish sauce to taste
- 200g beef fillets
- 1 Tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- Bean sprouts
- Fresh coriander leaves
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
- Fresh red chillies
- On a plate, mix 1 Tbsp Thai green curry paste with 1 Tbsp cooking oil. Coat the steaks with curry paste and marinate for 20 minutes if time permits. Grill the marinated steaks on a hot griddle pan on both sides and cook to your preferred doneness. Transfer to an aluminum foil and keep warm.
- In a 3.5 litres pot, add a teaspoon of cooking oil. When the oil is hot, add shallots and ginger and saute over low heat until aromatic. Add garlic and saute further until the garlic is aromatic.
- Add 4 Tbsps of Thai green curry paste and saute for a couple of seconds.
- Add beef broth and 2 cups of water. Cook the broth until bubbling. (While waiting for the broth to bubble, I suggest that you start thinly slice the beef.)
- Add the dried ramen to the beef broth. About 2 minutes before the recommended cooking time, check the broth for taste. Season with fish sauce to taste.
- When the noodles are cooked, scoop out the noodles to 4 individual bowls, add garnishes such as bean sprouts, coriander, chillies as well as the sliced beef.
- Ladle the broth over noodles and serve immediately with the lime wedges. Enjoy!