From epicurious.com; adjustments made for Intervale Food Hub members
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds asparagus, tough ends trimmed, cut on diagonal into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced, or a handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- shaved Manchego/Parmesan cheese (optional)
- mixed greens (arugula, torn head lettuce, mesclun, etc.) to serve
- Boil vinegar in heavy small saucepan over medium heat until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Pour vinegar into large bowl. Whisk in oil, mustard, marjoram and garlic. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook asparagus in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again. Add asparagus and bell pepper to dressing; toss to blend well. Sprinkle with pecans, optional cheese, and serve over greens.