Recipe by Rozanne Gold. Photo by Roulo Yanes. Published by Epicurious. Adapted for Food Hub Members.
- 2 1/2 pounds parsnips or carrots, peeled, cut into about 3 x 1/2" strips
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary, plus 5 sprigs rosemary (with roasting, using dried will be fine)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced (if no fresh garlic on hand, a pinch of garlic salt will work!)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- (optional:) 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Mix parsnips, chopped rosemary, garlic, and oil on a large rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer. Scatter rosemary sprigs over.
- Roast for 10 minutes; turn parsnips and roast until parsnips are tender and browned in spots, 10-15 minutes longer. Crumble leaves from rosemary sprigs over; discard stems and toss to coat. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon cumin over. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and more cumin, if desired.